The Quick Step®
Master Installer Course
Nowadays consumers expect high standards of workmanship and demand a commitment from flooring installers to deliver
a quality flooring installation. That is why Quick-Step has created the Quick-Step Master Installer course to accredit
experienced laminate floor fitters, wood flooring fitters and contract flooring installers who take pride in their
skills and professional workmanship. These high standards of workmanship will be actively promoted by Quick-Step.
Becoming a Quick-Step Master Installer is a must for wood and laminate floor fitters wanting to add to their offer, skills, revenue and the range of work they can offer and undertake.
Who is the Quick-Step Master installer course for?
Designed for professional flooring installers with two years' experience
of laminate and wood flooring installations. This course will build on your
knowledge of pre-installation evaluations, screeds, adhesives and more
difficult and intricate flooring installations.
What format does the Quick-Step Master
Installer course take?
The three day course is extremely intense yet very rewarding. The
Quick-StepMaster Installer course will see a mixture of discussions,
presentations and up to five practical installations in dedicated training
bays with one to one mentoring throughout the course.
There will be a formal assessment at the end of the Quick-Step
Master Installer course.
What is the format to the assessment?
Each installer will be given a task to complete in a certain time frame in
their training bay on the last day of the course, this will be completed
and then assessed by the Training Manager.
Why is there an assessment?
After completing the Quick-Step Master Installer course Quick-Step
will actively promote your skills and professional workmanship to
consumers for you and / or your retailers benefit. It is for this reason
that only the very best flooring installers will become a Quick-Step
The Master Installer course will cover the following areas in great detail with a good mix of technical and practical working and presentation.
- Health and Safety
- The flooring process and the manufacture of laminate, engineered and solid wood flooring
- Wood structure and water and their relationship to drying, movement, moisture, saturation and humidity
- Subfloor preparation, types, moisture meters, calculations smoothing compounds and contaminates
- Adhesive types and application
- Laminate flooring products, underlayments, layouts, installation, underfloor heating, stair cases and maintenance
- Real Engineered wood, manufacturing, underlayments and acoustics, layouts, installation, underfloor heating, repairs and maintenance
- Solid wood flooring, manufacturing process, products, layouts, installation, plank replacement and repairs, border work, re-squaring board bending, custom made profiling, installation of stairs and winders.... and much, much more.
Benefits of the Quick-Step
Master Installer course include:
- Appear on 'Find and installer' on
- Work towards an NVQ qualification
- Carry the prestigous
Installer ID card
- Offer customers the
optional FREE 2 year
- Advance to become a TrustMark Scheme Member with added benefits
- Get van stickers identifying you as
a Quick-Step Master Installer
- Purchase Master installer clothing
- Point of sale and marketing support for retailers
How much do I need to invest to become
a Quick-Step Master Installer?